VANCOUVER, February 1, 2021 - PI Financial Corp. (PI) today announced the appointment of three senior-level investment professionals as partners. These additions enhance a strong and experienced team that is delivering exceptional results for clients.
- Kris Thompson joins the firm as a Senior Technology Analyst, bringing more than a decade of research expertise, most recently covering software & services and communications technology at a big six bank. He also has experience covering smaller cap technology companies at boutique firms, and previously worked in private equity and corporate & investment banking roles. Kris was a ranked Brendan Wood International analyst for many years and has won several Refinitiv StarMine awards including third best stock picker in Canada across all sectors.
- Ben Jekic joins the firm as a Senior Diversified Industrial Analyst. Ben covers a broad range of companies across various innovation and industrial niches, and brings a strong track record of identifying strong growth prospects. He has over 15 years of equity research experience at several regional and independent national dealers and has been ranked by both Brendan Wood International and Refinitiv StarMine, covering sectors such as technology, manufacturing, auto supply, and label and packaging.
- Brodie Dunlop has been appointed Co-Head of Sales. Brodie has been with PI’s capital markets group since 2009, advising global investment managers, family offices and high net worth individuals on Canadian small cap opportunities. Brodie is also actively involved in deal origination, identifying and cultivating early stage companies and providing creative solutions to their capital needs. Prior to joining PI, Brodie worked at the Bank of Montreal in its private client division.
“We are thrilled to have Kris and Ben join our firm, and to recognize Brodie’s contributions with an expanded role,” said Jean-Paul Bachellerie, Chief Executive Officer. “PI’s value has always been its independent thinking, and that is the product of talented, experienced and motivated people. These appointments enhance what is already a deeply capable and high-performing team. The firm has delivered record results over the past year, and this momentum has carried into the early part of 2021. We look forward to building on this track record and continuing to generate value in partnership with our clients.”PI’s recent highlights include:
- Attaining highest ever assets under management (AUM)
- Underwriting 87 offerings in 2020 for total proceeds of $2.84 billion, an increase of over 24% from the prior year
- Syndicate underwriting of $323 million, an increase of over 55% over the prior year
- Notable lead / co-lead managed transactions: Maverix Metals (US$45.5 million); Blackline Safety ($36.0 million); GoGold Resources ($25.0 million); Victoria Gold ($23.0 million); Talisker Resources ($23.0 million); Metalla Royalty & Streaming (US$20.7 million); Superior Gold ($17.3 million) and Nova Royalty ($17.3 million)
- Generating record annual firm revenues
These record results extend a track record that resulted in PI being ranked as one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2019 by The Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. PI earned its spot on the list through three-year revenue growth of 166%.
About PI Financial Corp.
PI Financial Corp. (PI) is a leading, independent investment dealer which provides a full range of investment products and services for individual, corporate and institutional investors.
Founded in 1982, PI has become one of Canada’s largest independent dealers with over 300 employees from Toronto west to our headquarters in Vancouver, BC.
Our experienced Investment Advisors, Portfolio Managers, and Commodities Futures Advisors are driven by a singular purpose of helping clients achieve their investment, capital or corporate objectives. Whether it is planning for retirement, income, or capital appreciation, PI has the advisor suited to your unique needs.
As one of Canada’s top investment banks for small to mid cap Canadian companies we provide expertise across a variety of growth sectors. Our Capital Markets professionals deliver a full range of research, investment banking, advisory, and institutional sales & trading services.
PI Financial Corp. Contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Senior Vice President,
Managing Director, Capital Markets